Thursday, April 16, 2015

NHL Playoff Predictions

The time has come for playoffs in the NHL once again and this year the Bruins nor the Kings, winners of the last three of four Stanley Cups and my favorite teams, are out. On a even worse note the Blackhawks, Habs, and Canucks are all in the playoffs and are all healthy. For the West Coast teams, I predict the Blackhawks beating the Nashville Predators in the first round and facing the Blues, who will prevail over the Minnesota Wild, in round two. Although, I believe that St. Louis will not make it far thanks to Chicago. As much as I hate to say this, I think the Canucks will beat the Calgary Flames and move on to face the Anaheim Ducks in round two. Between the Ducks and Canucks I think the Ducks will move on, but only to get beaten by Chicago to fight for the Stanley Cup. For the East Coast bracket, I think the Habs will ease by the Ottawa Senators and go head to head with the lightning, who will triumph over the Detroit Red Wings. The Canadians will beat the Lightning in a very close series. The New York Rangers are hungry for a Stanley Cup since losing last year to the Kings and will not be phased by the Penguins. The New York Islanders will lose to the Capitals who will be defeated by the Rangers. Between the Rangers and Canadians, the Rangers will come out victorious and if the Habs do beat them and it is the Blackhawks and Canadians, I might never watch hockey again. But I highly doubt it. Now for the main event, the Chicago Blackhawks versus the New York Rangers. After watching the Rangers play hockey this whole season, it shows why they finished on top of everyone else and I believe they will continue to do so until they have won it all. They are just too good of a team right now to be beaten and they will be the win the Stanley Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment